Bucky

Bucky
Bucky Badger

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Great Time In Mad Town

So as you read in my first blog post, Saturday I went to my first badger hockey game. The experience I had was amazing. Before the game we went out to eat at a bar called Luckys which is on Regent St. very close to Camp Randall Stadium (Football Field). The overall service there was nothing short of awesome. We had a reservation for 16 people and they got us in and out of there in less than an hour with wonderful food for a very reasonable price. Our bill for 7 of the 16 was only $52. After we ate, the bar offered a bus service over to the Kohl Center where the hockey game was to take place. I have heard from many people that the Wisconsin Badgers have the greatest college hockey atmosphere in the nation and after Saturday I think it would be hard to disagree. The overall game itself was fun to watch. The Badgers who were ranked 3rd in the nation were playing St. Cloud State who was ranked 4th in the nation and had whooped the Badgers 6-1 on the previous night. The game started and it took all of 55 seconds for St. Cloud to score. But the Badgers battled back and won the very exciting game 7-5 with an amazing goal scored at the end of the 2nd period with 0.1 seconds left on the clock. For someone who loves sports but doesn’t really follow hockey I had a blast. It was a cheap Saturday and I can’t wait to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment